Coronavirus and Food Safety – Providing allergen information for your customers
Keeping allergen data up to date and consistent is a key part of ongoing allergen management. During this time of operational changes you may face supplier changes, recipe updates and menu changes, all of which can have a significant impact on your allergen data.
It is a legal requirement to provide accurate, consistent and verifiable allergen information for your customers. This must include information on the 14 allergens identified in the Food Information Regulation 2014. These are:
- tree nuts
- ground nuts
- sesame seeds
- cereals containing gluten
We can assist your business by:
- Carrying out menu and recipe analysis to inform your food allergen declarations.
- Configuring your allergen data using Menu Guide software. Customers can gain access to your allergen menu by scanning a QR code on the menu with their phones or access the information via your website. Customers can also filter the menu dependent on their dietary requirements so they would just see the foods that they could eat. As well as ensuring customers advise you of any allergies, we can also ensure that it requires them to confirm that they understand any cross-contact risks.
- Provide guidance and advice on cross-contamination statements.
- Provide guidance and advice on allergen information if distance selling or providing take away foods or delivery services.
- Providing access to the Highfield e-learning allergen awareness course. This course covers the basics such as allergen identification and controls.
Do let us know if we can help your business make sure that you have allergen information covered.