Coronavirus and Food Safety – Temporarily closing your business?
As the impact of social distancing measures in our communities hits, unfortunately some businesses have had to take the extremely hard decision to close their premises for the time being.
We know that this is an extremely stressful time so here are some key points to consider to ensure that your premises remain pest free during the closed period and remain in the best state to ensure that re-opening is as problem free as possible.
- Deep clean all areas of the kitchen, storage areas and equipment to ensure that it is clean and that there is no food debris remaining to reduce the risk of a pest infestation.
- Cling wrap crockery, glassware if possible, cutlery trays and small equipment to protect it from dirt, dust or other contamination.
- Make sure all perishable food is removed from site and all open packs of ambient goods are stored in lidded containers.
- If freezing perishable foods (not previously frozen), fully label foods as per the shelf-life guidance.
- Empty ice machines and leave doors open.
- If turning off empty fridges/freezers, leave doors open.
- Remove all rubbish from the site.
- Document these actions in your closing checks or comments section in your food safety management system paperwork.
Please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org or 01442 877322 if we can help further.