SALSA accreditation increases profits
In summer 2010, a SEAFISH questionnaire was sent to 87 seafood businesses that have gained SALSA certification.
Key findings included:
• Nearly 50% of businesses stated that condition of supply was the main reason for seeking or achieving certification
• Over half of respondents stated that they had experienced a positive impact on accessing new markets
• 81% suggested that staff motivation had improved as a result of seeking or achieving certification whilst 52% of businesses said that the efficiency of their staff work had increased
• 44% of businesses said that seeking or achieving BRC or SALSA certification had resulted in an increase in annual profits
• Analysis suggested an average increase in profits of £8,500 per business from certification
Contact us to find out more about our SALSA mentoring services.